• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to keep your humvees safe

General Hood

I ended up with 22 total over the last 3 months---the prices seemed to be getting low and in NJ they were selling 35 humvees or more in back to back sales--in the past when there were more then 15 similar vehicles in one place being offered for sale at the same time the prices bottomed out--the prices were $3800 to $4800 before fees--I have driven each one and wrote notes on the windshields--all engines ran well--half 6.2 half 6.5--of the 22 five have bad alternators most likely from running with dead batteries--1 alternator caught fire--4 have bad control boxes where the glow plug relay is always on frying the glow plugs--most of these were advertised as needed either to start--all but 6 humvees have bad batteries--When I drove these I disconnected the center battery cable and ran them off my jump box--the tires averaged 65%-- 6 of the hoods had damage on the front corners--the humvees with the armoured vents on the hood ran 10* plus warmer then the open vents--most of the doors were missing--the gauges were all in good shape--bodies were in mostly good condition--drivetrains all functioned--some were noisy compared to others--I towed all home with my flatbed--one at a time--27 miles each way--took a long time but was like Christmas the whole time------------first 3 pics are my back yard--others are at pick up--
I think you may be the guy that sold a 5 ton to one of my work associates this week. Rich lives in Toms River as well

Awol

thanks----just moving them around is great--I live in a wooded swamp area and box turtles must be attracted to them--before I move anything I usually have to move a turtle----
They're protecting them! lol

Do you sell 5 tons? I thought I saw someone who had a fleet of 5 tons in NJ selling them on CL.

Mario

I bought some humvees from Fort Dix and had to get them off the base in order to be checked out--Across the street was a friends parking lot--I had to leave some there over night and had a bad feeling someone might make off with one of them--So I chained them all together--Looked like sad dogs but they were there the next day----
I really like the wet paint look on those.
Here in NM it never rains so I have not seen mine wet yet.
I may have to toy with the idea of making mine shine like that.

Awol

If you're planning on selling some Humvees, I'll probably end up coming to you lol.