• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to lower M1009 Tailgate if blocked

rceldib

I have a M1009 and have a Hot water heater in box wedged between the folded back seat and the tailgate. Wouldn't you know it is covering the Tailgate release handle. The box is wedged tight where I can't move it or get to the handle. Is there any other way to release the tailgate latch before I hack the Hot water heater box to bits?

notsosanestan

yes there is take the screws covering the insides of the tailgate on either side slide ur hand in and pull on the bar.
your welcome:)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I also learned this the hard way and hard on windows to, I'm used to the OUT SIDE latch

Last edited:

mistaken1

Chalk up another victim of the brilliant GM window-in-a-truck-tailgate-design, I too learned the hard way to be careful about what goes in back near that inside tailgate handle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks