• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to make HMMWV street legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathfinder99

I am a Marine Vet and see that they are about to auction off HMMWVs and I was wondering how hard are they to make street legal? I live in TN any help would be greatly appreciated!

Semper Fi!

Flyingvan911

There's a ton of stuff. I think there are some threads in the HMMWV forum. It's still a huge and messy debate about the auctions and what the details may or may not be. Several threads have been closed lately due to wild speculation.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1. Welcome to the site.

2. Those being sold are sold without any title and for off road purposes. You also will have to sign a release stating as such. That said, there's probably a way to trick the DMV to title it, wrong or right.

3. Don't expect even these "off road only" trucks to sell cheap.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be illegal and wrong if you as a man of your word and sign a statement to it.
Is a truck worth jail time .

Pathfinder99

Was reading the hold harmless agreement and the only thing it says is that it is for off road use. It says nothing about not being allowed to covert it to on road use....

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Actually what it states is, " Buyer acknowledges that the Humvee is not roadworthy and agrees that Humvee is for off-highway use only". Only=alone of its or their kind; single or solitary

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's make sure we only talk about legal stuff and not about how to get around laws illegally.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sligo I knew you were making a joke.Because I did read that thread entirely but someone else may not have and taken you seriously.

3dAngus

I don't feel at all comfortable about this thread and the suggestion of making these street legal. I think everyone should know the intent is to keep them off the roads and this sale is being done on a trial basis.
Lets not ruin it before it starts by suggesting anyone might be considering work around the intent of the sale before the sale even starts. I can assure everybody this auction would not be happening if the powers to be thought people would be working around their intent to sell, but keep them for off road use.
Personally, I would like to see all 4000 get to the auction block, and if it goes well, even more in the next transitional phase of agreed upon sales.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the obvious way is to get DLA to drop that "off road only" part from the paperwork. If it isman emission issue, just use the same agreement they just used in resuming sales. To effect this change it needs to be a legit grass roots movement across the nation much like was done in GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks