• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to mount 395's on a stock rim?

jdknech

i envy you!!! lol i set the tire and rim on top of another rim, under the front bumper of the truck, and put 4x4s around the tire, and pushed them down with 2 bumper jacks.... it took about 4-5 hours per tire start to mount:grd:

baxter

JD that was alot of work 4-5 Per tire. I was running 50 psi now down to 40 and checked alignment it was a little off but it still wanders a little. I tried it on the freeway last week before airing down and towing in the front and I thought I was gonna crash it scared the H+++ out of me. I am gonna try moving the tires around a bit and see if that helps.

jdknech

mine is not that bad! lol i would try to fix your alignment... mine wandered on the state roads if i got over 50mph, but on the interstate i was doing 75 with no problem! (2 hands on the wheel though:!:) i think alot of the problem it a deuce tracks wider than a normal car or truck, and the deuce is jumping between wheel tracks(ruts) in the pavement....? and the 4-5hours was breaking down the old tire, mounting the new one, seating the beads, and mounting it to the truck... by my self... lol

jdknech

401-j10- the 9.00-20 tubes are wayyy to small! i had to order tubes for a 13.00/14.00R20 tire, they were about $35 a peace.....

jakob- i got the tires from c and c equipment, just south of Indy..... do you have a deuce? another person around here that doesn't think I'm nuts would be nice:evil:

Jakob

401-j10- the 9.00-20 tubes are wayyy to small! i had to order tubes for a 13.00/14.00R20 tire, they were about $35 a peace.....

jakob- i got the tires from c and c equipment, just south of Indy..... do you have a deuce? another person around here that doesn't think I'm nuts would be nice:evil:
I have a Deuce, but the starter is messed up on it. I think it's the relay on the side of the block. Give me a shout if you want to get together or need a hand wrenching. Right now I'm unemployed, so I'm just trying to stay busy, lol.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey JDKNECK, how did you get your deuce up to 75??? Did your tires do that much?? I was running 60mph, at 2200 rpms, with 11-20 radials and I thought I was pushing the envelope. That had to be a sight to see and drive..

jdknech

atankersdad- i was pulling 60mph with 9.00/20's at around 2500rpms. at the same rpm with the 395's a friend of mine (a cop) clocked me at 78mph, but that was REALLY pushing it!:shock:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't want to be a kill joy, but you are gonna lose your motor in short order reving it that high. You'll get 62.5@2500rpm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks