• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to post a ad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This was posted in another thread by Mangus580 the site admin. on 4-12-2011

"Honestly, I have heard enough complaining about this. Maybe I should just REMOVE the FREE classified ads?

It was done for a reason. Enough said."

So keep complaining and there will be no classifieds

tsjones

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been a owner of a M35A2 for eight years and now have no time to have fun with driving my deuce. I would like to know where to put in an ad for selling my deuce. Would like the deuce to go to someone who will have fun with a really piece of history. Any advice?
T Jones
Goshen Indiana

Keyzzz1

I'm with Jones, I'm not complaining either. I'm new to the site and don't know all the tweeks and twists and so am learning (just like you all had to.) I NEED stuff, sooooo naturally I'd like to post "WANTED stuff" ads, seems norm to me. I'm a new Deuce owner, so don't have allot to contribute by way of knowledge (hence coming here in the first place) thus I was starting by looking for stuff and ideas to work on mine. Seems like you all are a little sensitive about "newbies" learning the ropes (newbie on the site, but not in life) so cut me some slack.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm with Jones, I'm not complaining either. I'm new to the site and don't know all the tweeks and twists and so am learning (just like you all had to.) I NEED stuff, sooooo naturally I'd like to post "WANTED stuff" ads, seems norm to me. I'm a new Deuce owner, so don't have allot to contribute by way of knowledge (hence coming here in the first place) thus I was starting by looking for stuff and ideas to work on mine. Seems like you all are a little sensitive about "newbies" learning the ropes (newbie on the site, but not in life) so cut me some slack.
People are not "sensitive" about "newbies" learning the ropes , but they do expect anyone new or old to do a reasonable search before posting a question that has been covered a 100 times . I bet in the last 6 months there has been 30 or more new threads started on "how big of tires can I put on my deuce ". 90% of the time its better ask the question in a existing thread than start a new one . Because everyone complains they had to seach 50 threads and didn't find a answer ,well when you start a new one now you have 51 to search though.

As for jones's question DrGreg answered it for him . With Steel Soldiers growing by leaps and bounds , there have been abuse of the classifieds , witch is a bonus of the site members earn the privilage to use . You have to remember this is a MV forum to discuss MV's and share knowledge and ideas .

So if you joined SS to gain knowledge , share your ,knowledge, go to rallies and meet some of the best people in the MV world this is the site for you , you just want instant answers and to use the classifieds , you probely won't like it here . The only people will get to know you here is if you participate.

So when the next event near you comes up get the MV out and go out meat some of the great members of this site and enjoy doing it in a MV .

I have had alot of luck posting for sale/wanted ads on Craigslist. Start there, I think you will be suprised.

As a side note; The ADMIN who made these rules is NOT going to just change them because a bunch of users with under 100 posts complained enough, so please stop wasting site space with these threads. If you are new to the site then please read and understand the rules. It says right there in plain english that you need a 100 post minimum before posting an ad. YOU clicked the I ACCEPT button therefore stating that you have read, accept, and understand the rules. If you do not think that is fair then you are not obligated to click the I ACCEPT button. If you joined the site before the rule change and still don't have over 100 posts then I am sure you can contribute something to the site that will eventually get you to 100 posts (not clutter). Try doing a writeup on a little project you have done to your MV. It could be as complicated as an engine swap or as simple as a seat cover change, just contribute something. I am not trying to 'haze' anyone or trot on newbs but I see these threads every day now. If what you have to sell is very important then you are more than welcome to post those ads elsewhere, or look up dates for ss events that will be in your area soon. (swapmeets, rallys, shows, etc.)

I just really think it is insulting to all the people who make this FREE site (with all it's resources) possible. Why is everyone so fast paced nowadays? You can literally find anything MV related on this site as well as limitless personal assistance from members all over the globe, and yet you complain about it? This site has made it possible for the average joe to own an MV, that in itself is a huge accomplishment.

sorry for the:rant:

big block 88

No biggie needing a high post count IMO. It lets you see if the person selling something is reliable and trustworthy. I have alot of parts I need to sell but I can wait for a bit to make sure all know I am trustworthy

Texis

The 100 post requirement for posting in the classified section is costing members opportunities to buy hard to find parts! I have a unique M1009 part I would like gone....but I will not go to the trouble of making 100 post. The piece BELONGS on this site...but the members will never see it and sadly (for them) they will never have an opportunity to buy it.

I spend a bunch of time on-line in various groups and forums and have not run across such a rule. It should be "re-thinked" for the benefit of the faithful / active members.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The 100 post requirement for posting in the classified section is costing members opportunities to buy hard to find parts! I have a unique M1009 part I would like gone....but I will not go to the trouble of making 100 post. The piece BELONGS on this site...but the members will never see it and sadly (for them) they will never have an opportunity to buy it.

I spend a bunch of time on-line in various groups and forums and have not run across such a rule. It should be "re-thinked" for the benefit of the faithful / active members.

I re-thinked my position on this rule, and think you are right.

Texis

Custom built M1009 tow bar. Fabricate at an industrial pipe shop. Sch 40 steel, 2" bulldog hitch, ZRC cold galvanized. The tow bar has never been used and was designed to fit directly to an M1009's lift lugs. Has saftey chain connection pad eye on bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.