• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How To Properly Remove GP Wire

allenhillview

I guess that was that, no new connectors for GP wire ends@ blade , I'll just follow cpf240 advice , there must not be any new ones out there but someone made them new at one time ?

cpf240

I guess that was that, no new connectors for GP wire ends@ blade , I'll just follow cpf240 advice , there must not be any new ones out there but someone made them new at one time ?
I'm sure you could find the original connectors somewhere. However, if you go to different GPs, the blade may be bigger and you'll have to replace them anyway.

If you wanted to, you could probably disassemble / break up the old connectors to get to the original crimp / solder connection. Then you have to examine the wire for any corrosion that may have happened over the years. It's not like they were sealed from the elements.

allenhillview

Hey Thanks, I'm a little OCD at times, never thought of a change down the road , I'm trying to stay with the 13G but I'm still connected to resistor , so my plans my change

cpf240

Hey Thanks, I'm a little OCD at times, never thought of a change down the road , I'm trying to stay with the 13G but I'm still connected to resistor , so my plans my change
No worries! There are so many different ways to do some of this stuff, and the way that is right for one person may not be right for someone else.

What matters is that your truck runs and that you are happy with it!

SGT Estum

I wouldn't worry about a wide spade on a different glowplug. When I switched from Wellmans to AC60G's the spade was wider, so I just gave the spade connectors a little trim with the bench grinder then they fit in the existing wire ends just fine. There are a few threads on here where people have resized the GP spade connectors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks