• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to pull-start a HMMWV...

ryanruck

rofl

A new crowd stunning trick to add!

So many people already think it floats, I've considered adding one of these since I've got a receiver hitch and telling everyone about my PTO driven propeller.

:naner:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What actually is happening?

What contact(s) are being made?

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way...... your joking right...? Right..?
Hey, either this is a hoax or not.

I take things at face value.

If it is a hoax, that's cool too. Ha ha.

Given how screwy GM is, who the H-LL knows?

I used to be able to start and drive my (or anyones) Saab 900TC and 9000T by bending a paper clip and shorting the typically unknown plug under the hood, so being less experienced here I am asking for clarification.

T

ryanruck

Hey, either this is a hoax or not.

I take things at face value.

If it is a hoax, that's cool too. Ha ha.

Given how screwy GM is, who the H-LL knows?

I used to be able to start and drive my (or anyones) Saab 900TC and 9000T by bending a paper clip and shorting the typically unknown plug under the hood, so being less experienced here I am asking for clarification.

T
Go out and give it a few tries on your truck! Should fire right up! You'll see...

When you get back we can play a fun wager game I know.

Three_Card_Monte.jpg

:p

avlon01

Watch the placement of his arm on the steering wheel. Notice the brake light is on - that means the switch is in the RUN position.

He's using his elbow to flip the switch from RUN to START when he pulls the lock cable.

Mario

No way we're going to post that here. Then thieves would know how to bypass the system.
You'll just have to try it until you figure out the sweet spot.
BTW, this works the SAME on all versions that are supplied with the cable lock.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In another time when I first started started to sell parts, I was in a store close to a lake front. During the summer it would not be uncommon to have young pretty things in "beach" attire get parts. One of the lines used by others that I have no direct knowledge of :) ; is to ask what color the car was so the air filter would match. You would not believe how many times drivers were totally clue less..

VW beetle water pumps, muffler bearings, Counterclockwise screw drivers, etc... many good times but political correctness now would not work especially at a large national chain nowadays...
Ah, to be young and stupid again.

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make sure you lock the steering wheel cable lock so the thieves cant find the sweet spot and you'll be fine!

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks