• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to put 12v connection in cab of M35

pmcs

I'd like to put in some 12v (after being converted) places to run some small things in our M35.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on what is the best converters? Where's the best place to tap in to run a converter?

Then I'm also wondering what folks are using for a junction or outlets.

We would like to be able to run a radio for music, charge our iPod/phones and possibly have a couple of lights.

Do anyone have pictures of set ups similar to what I've decribed? How about radio and speakers?

I'm hoping to do this and at the same time keep the truck as original as possible (with out making severe permanent changes).

I have little practical experience with electrical stuff, so I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

PMCS

Al Capone

I bought a 24-12 volt converter off eBay for less that $20. Then I wired in a old motorcycle fuse block into it and ran out of fuse block. Walmart has a. 3 outlet cig lighter box and it also had two usb charger plugs . I cut the end off this wire that was used to go into cig lighter and wired it into fuse panel

Last edited:

pmcs

These suggestions are great and things that I hadn't thought of, so this is a big help.:-D

I'll confess, I hadn't even thought of tying this from a fuse block (where ever that is, I haven't pursued that yet). I hated the thought of cutting wires and splicing into them, so this seems like a lot better way to go.

If anyone has more info and possibly pictures of how they've hooked up 12v accessories that would be great!

Thanks again,

PMCS

Al Capone

There is no fuse block in a Humvee . I said I added one . I ran 24 volts To 24 to 12 volt converter then from converter to the fuse block I added myself . This way it would draw off both batteries .

Last edited:

Al Capone

The 24 volt to 12 volt converter looks like a finned regulator off a motorcycle . It was less than $20. Two wires in and two wires out .

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks