• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to remove a cargo bed, the easy way

Ridgerunner

I sold my 12' Deuce cargo bed today, to a guy that wants to turn the box into a dump trailer for his lawn care service. The Deuce was currently on my deck over equipment trailer. So that puts the cargo box quite high in the air off the ground. What I ended up doing was backing the equipment trailer between my Challenger 10,000# 2 post hoist, then removing all the bolts and lifting the cargo box off the frame. I pulled out my trailer, then backed his flat bed trailer under the cargo box, and set it down on it. This was the easiest way that I seen to swap the box from off my truck to his trailer. It was one of them "proper tools, for the proper job"

Man it went smooth :beer:

Attachments

91W350

I would have to use a crane and slings, it still would happen outside for me though. Nice shop! My garage is 24 by 24 and my doors are too short for a deuce.

Dave08

I have the land to build my shop and the desire but not the money. I love your shop! The two post lift is exactly what I want in my garage if and when I can build it. Absolutely the right tool for the right job!

What are you going to do with the rest of the truck?
Dave08

KsM715

Nice. I've tried to convince my wife I need a shop for my trucks. Shes says we need to sell some trucks to pay for the shop. I tell her, "what good is a shop if I have no trucks to work on" :smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks