• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to remove pas. seat back?

cyruscat

Going to recover my seats but not sure how to remove the passenger seat cushions from their frames.

Back doesn't have any bolts that I can see.

Thanks for any help.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few bends, indents, whatever you want to call 'em. pry thr frame out of the above mentioned goodies and i'll come right out.

Big Z

I pulled, and it came. But I see you're a pussy[cat]...have your wife try for you.

The cushion is just a spring frame. The outer metal rods are locked in by the indents in the seatback. Have fun.

ARYankee

I used a large screwdriver to pry mine out when I recovered it. The frame that holds it in place is crimped in spots to hold it as stated above.

rolling18

much easier to get out than back in!! i did mone and i chewed up the fabric pretty bad TRYING to re-install the seat back:cookoo:

Its Still not fully re-installed I cant seem to get the metal round frame to stay in the "crimped detent parts.. I wish i had not messed with it.:cookoo:

cyruscat

Thanks for all the info. The video is really nice.
Re-installing does sound troublesome, I don't want to tear up the new fabric.

rolling18

Thanks for all the info. The video is really nice.
Re-installing does sound troublesome, I don't want to tear up the new fabric.
I FINALLY got the dam seat back frame re-installed after another 45 mins of prying with multiple prybars and much more torn up fabric!!!:evil::evil:

i will NEEEEVVVER take that out again!!

btw: I have a cat looks just like the one in your picture!! mine is a Korat. 12 yrs old and still jumpin arround

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks