• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to remove the inner hub seal?

quadfourgtz

Posted is a pic, if it helps. Right rear axle. Hubs are flipped. I'm a little unsure of how to remove it. I pried a little bit with a screw driver with the axis of the axle. Didn't seem to be moving and I didn't want to make a simple repair more costly. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, pry away! I use two fourteen inch pry bars on either side of it and it usually pops free. If you are not replacing it, leave it alone. I doubt you can remove it and keep it in good cond.

motorolanut

Small blocks of wood always work good as a drift for seating seals, just tap lightly like gimpyrobb suggested in a circular fashion. put a little light grease or soap on the rubber edge before you tap it in place. Also inspect your axle shaft and hub for any burrs prior to new seal installation.

wsucougarx

I used a hammer and just tapped it out. Doesn't matter if you mutilate the heck out of it. Just be careful of everything around it. I then simply used my breaker bar handle to gently tap her into place.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A slide hammer with a single hook end will get it off, eventually.

I use a piece of PVC pipe(3" I think) cut about 12" long, to drive the seal back on evenly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks