• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to repaint carc

Nonotagain

CARC is designed to absorb agents that land on it. It acts like a sponge and will suck up your touch up paint, meaning it takes a lot of touch up paint to cover old CARC.
I don't know where you got your information, but it's wrong.
CARC paint has two purposes.
It absorbs a few different frequencies of light making it difficult to observe the item painted with it, typically IR. based vision systems.
CARC is resistant to the decontamination fluids used in the event of a chemical attack. DS2 is very nasty and will remove non catalyzed coatings.

CARC is used over epoxy primers, of which 5 or 6 different versions have been used since it's beginnings.

bullfrog1234

I agree, CARC is used for NBC coating. I was told one of the properities was that it had to withstand the cleaning process from DS-2 solution. Wear a respirator, rubber gloves, and over garment if spraying this stuff on a truck or trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks