• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to repair small holes (three) in the Vinyl (Canvas) on a MK23?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have three small holes about the size of your little finger near the top of of the truck. It is called "a canvas" but it is more like a rubberized material. Has anyone repaired one?

Is a bicycle patching kit an option?

MK23 Cover.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Military canvas repair kit.
Thanks Simp! Seems that the military kits I found on-line were "enh". I did discover a kit for $125 at e-Pay. The important part for me is that the can of "sticky stuff" was labeled as HH-66 Vinyl Cement. Figure I can test it with some trimmings off a second tarp that is in really crummy shape.

Another idea might be for me to ride out to the local Army Navy store and see if they happen to have a military canvas repair kit in their stacks of goodies. Especially since I know what to call it now...

TacMac2012

I am sure any vinyl glue would work. Maybe check amazon for a pool patch repair kit, then cut a piece off the junk tarp as a patch. If you don't want to cut the junk tarp I can probably round up a tarp to cut some pieces off of and mail you a few pieces.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am sure any vinyl glue would work. Maybe check amazon for a pool patch repair kit, then cut a piece off the junk tarp as a patch. If you don't want to cut the junk tarp I can probably round up a tarp to cut some pieces off of and mail you a few pieces.
That would be neat if you have something already in tatters.
Please and thank you.