• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to replace in tank fuel pump fuse

amaverick88

after changing the fuel filters on my deuce i tried to start it and realized that it wouldnt start anymore. i read on here about checking the fuse for the in tank fuel pump and how to change it. i couldnt find an exact thing i was looking for but had an idea of how to do it. then i got to thinking about doing a write up on how to change it. so here it goes.

1) use a 7/16 socket to remove the three nuts off the top of the fuse box/holder
2) pull box straight up off the threaded studs.
3) flip to the under side and pull the fuse out and replace with a new fuse if need be.
4) after new fuse is installed just reverse all the steps to finish the job

this took me about 5 minutes to do which includes going into the garage to get the fuses and the sockets. i used the fuses from radio shack and there catalog number for them is 270-1027.

Attachments

F18hornetM

after changing the fuel filters on my deuce i tried to start it and realized that it wouldnt start anymore. i read on here about checking the fuse for the in tank fuel pump and how to change it. i couldnt find an exact thing i was looking for but had an idea of how to do it. then i got to thinking about doing a write up on how to change it. so here it goes.

1) use a 7/16 socket to remove the three nuts off the top of the fuse box/holder
2) pull box straight up off the threaded studs.
3) flip to the under side and pull the fuse out and replace with a new fuse if need be.
4) after new fuse is installed just reverse all the steps to finish the job

this took me about 5 minutes to do which includes going into the garage to get the fuses and the sockets. i used the fuses from radio shack and there catalog number for them is 270-1027.
pretty cool pics, but wonder why the fuse blew just changing filters? Although sometimes fuse's, and breakers have a mind of their own.LOL

steelandcanvas

...but wonder why the fuse blew just changing filters? Although sometimes fuse's, and breakers have a mind of their own.LOL
I'd be willing to bet the fuse has been blown for awhile. Upon changing his fuel filters, he lost the fuel system prime and needed a working pump to bleed the air out of the system. Just my 2cents

F18hornetM

I'd be willing to bet the fuse has been blown for awhile. Upon changing his fuel filters, he lost the fuel system prime and needed a working pump to bleed the air out of the system. Just my 2cents

I've seen that before to, on some some diesels. In-tank fuel pump go bad [blow fuse in this case] and the Inj pump pulls enough to keep it running.

Akicita

Thanks for posting, Maverick. My Deuce needed some extra cranks to get running lately but ran fine once started. After reading your post I checked on that fuse and, guess what, found it was blown. I'll fix that problem this afternoon.

FL_Frank

Thanks for that! Now I know what's under that cap and why it's so darn big - it's a fuse holder.

Haven't taken mine apart as it hums nicely when I turn the pump switch on in the truck. My day will come though, so appreciate the guide.

-Frank

deuceaid

Banned
I just noticed mine was hard to start, but couldnt hear the hum of the pump when the low air buzzer was on! Thanks for the pictures.:-D