• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to Replace Side Marker Trailer Lights M1101/M1102

thesinjoor

Hi,

I just brought my "new" 2011 Silver Eagle M1101 home from Reno NV to Phoenix AZ; a long trip and luckily the trailer behaved very well, driving on average 70mph.

So, I need to start civilizing the trailer and started looking at the LED lights and I am stumped with the marker lights and wonder if you can help me?

What exactly do I remove and how do I remove it?

See the pictures below, I removed the cover and I tried to pull out the LED assembly but that does not budge and I do not want to start with heavier tools.
My attempt to screw the remaining screw, on the LED holder, one way or another the remaining screw does not lead to anything either.

20151110_111342.jpg20151110_111157.jpg

So, what are my next steps?

Thanks,

Marc

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't help with getting them off but is there a reason you need to change them? They may be omnivolt and would work with 12V stuff.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The four points (of which one is a screw) around the unit is where it attaches. It looks like 3 of them are rivets? I haven't ever seen one attached like that before.

DeadParrot

Step 1 is look behind the support legs stored on the front and see if you find the bag containing the CD with the TM. Otherwise download and read. Pay attention to tire pressure and brake fluid requirements. Otherwise, you may add hours of work to your project.

On my 2009, the running light LEDs worked just fine with 12V. If you have the incandescent bulbs in the two large housings, 1156 is the 12v brake replacement. Don't remember the running light # but several forum threads have the bulb numbers and the circuit numbers for connecting civilian trailer connecters. Adding the flat 4 connector is fairly easy if you tie into the connector box under the front of the trailer. If you know for a certainty that you won't need the military connector, you can probably find a home for it via this forum.

thesinjoor

I did not know that they were omnivolt; I understood that they are all 24V and need to be replaced with 12V LEDs.

I will have to address the harness first before I know whether this 2011 trailer's LED lights work with 12V.

thesinjoor

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies; I was able to connect my truck to the trailer and indeed the marker LED lights work perfectly with 12V, whereas the rear stop and indicators lights were quite dim and will be replaced with 12V LEDs.

Thanks,

Marc

horton75

Anyone know where I can get the replacement marker lights for my 2009 M1102 trailer. They are small rectangular ones. I just converted to 12 volt and about half of them don't work.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck-Lite makes them and are top quality.
Any truck supply place will have them.
Led and incandescent.

Also check eBay

NuclearPuppy238

I just replaced all the markers on my M1102 except the three reds in the rear with all new parts because I made a big mistake. Do not use blue thread locker on the light housing screws as it eats the plastic and causes it to crack.

Yellow 12-24V LED assembly.
PN: 7407
https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/...t/product/srm/oid/173439/erm/productDetail.do

Red 12-24V LED assembly.
PN: 07428
https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/...roduct/srm/key/u13-07428/erm/productDetail.do

Plastic shell that mounts the assembly above to the trailer.
PN: 5575570
https://real4wd.com/store/Housing,-Light-Marker

Paint.
Use CARC Substitute colors to match the trailer.
http://www.rapcoparts.com/mixmasppa.html

Tri-Fold rivets.
Info 1: GAMD612A, TRI-FOLD BLIND RIVET 3/16" [.187] (.040-.750 GR) DOME HD, ALUM/ALUMINUM
Info 2: GAMD66A, TRI-FOLD BLIND RIVET 3/16" [.187] (.040-.375 GR) DOME HD, ALUM/ALUMINUM

Easy to install, just drill out the two rivets that hold the housing to the trailer. On my trailer, they painted the CARC with the LEDS in place and there was white unpainted surfaces were the housing sat. I painted the white area to match prior to mounting the painted LEDs. The LED assemblies have about a 3-4 weeks or so lead time, but the other parts were fast to ship.

Of course I am assuming that the old marker lights fit in the same hole the new LED lights do. Others can comment further if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks