• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to sell generator

walker

I am considering selling my MB-19 generator. I was originally going to use it up at my cabin, but at 5kw it is just too big a generator for my needs. How does one go about selling this type of equipment? what does a low hours 15kw diesel generator usually bring?

Thanks,

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take some nice pictures and put it on Craigslist. A 15kw diesel generator new can be had for around 10k. Try it at around $4500 and it will probably sell.

Isaac-1

Generator prices tend to vary with location and time of year, here on the Gulf coast prices are always higher during hurricane season, the more active the season and the more immediate the threat the higher the price. In the northern states it is much the same, but for winter, and not sure about the west though. There have been some artificial factors the last few years with California outlawing all older diesel generators a gross polluters, they did have a limited effect of flooding the market in the nearby states, but this supply seems to have dried up and I know I have read of a number of people searching for good older diesel generators in the Pacific northwest the last several months.

Having said that it is an MB-19, with a potentially overcomplicated esoteric control system, from what I know of the MB series they were built for the Air Force and were design to make it easy for aircraft mechanics to work on them using standard stock aircraft parts of the time. So it may draw less interest than something easier to maintain. I would say try CL and ebay, of course shipping is always a problem.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks