• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to set Deuce idle speed

Woodsplinter

How to set the idle speed on the LDT-465. This will be a refresher for some and new info for others.

The idle adjustment screw is located on the side of the injection pump, below the FDC if so equipped. It is held in place by a 7/16" jam nut.

IP 1.jpg

IP 2.jpg

IP 3.jpg

Loosen the jam nut by turning it to the left (counter-clockwise) about half a turn.

While holding the jam nut, turn the adjustment screw to the right (clockwise) to increase idle speed. The process is easier if you do this with the engine running- have soldier "B" monitor the tachometer or go check it yourself until you reach the desired RPM.

While holding the adjustment screw with your screwdriver, tighten the jam nut and you're finished!

Mine was originally set at about 500 RPM and I set it at 800 RPM so the truck doesn't shake itself to pieces. Nice and smooth now!

Hope this helps!

Reaper651

Thanks OP for this thread. I just adjusted mine last weekend. Mine was also only idling at 500 RPM when warmed up. If it was cold, I had to use the hand throttle to keep it running until it warmed up. I drove the truck for about 5 minutes before doing the adjustment. I don't know if it makes a difference adjusting the idle when its warmed up or not but I figure it was a good idea. I wonder if the idle must be adjusted after the FDC is bypassed? I haven't bypassed it, was just a thought.
Thanks again[thumbzup]

Woodsplinter

I don't think it makes any difference if the engine is warm or cold when adjusting. If the rpm changes after bypassing the FDC, you can just readjust it.

tcruwithme

Thank you, Woodsplinter!

How to set the idle speed on the LDT-465. This will be a refresher for some and new info for others.

The idle adjustment screw is located on the side of the injection pump, below the FDC if so equipped. It is held in place by a 7/16" jam nut.

View attachment 494730

View attachment 494731

View attachment 494732

Loosen the jam nut by turning it to the left (counter-clockwise) about half a turn.

While holding the jam nut, turn the adjustment screw to the right (clockwise) to increase idle speed. The process is easier if you do this with the engine running- have soldier "B" monitor the tachometer or go check it yourself until you reach the desired RPM.

While holding the adjustment screw with your screwdriver, tighten the jam nut and you're finished!

Mine was originally set at about 500 RPM and I set it at 800 RPM so the truck doesn't shake itself to pieces. Nice and smooth now!

Hope this helps!

bobbed82

Trying to figure out the problem with mine it wont start without gasoline assist in intake an wont idle below about 1100 rpm below that it dies an have to start the whole process again??

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welcome to the forum. The United States isn't a valid location, please update your information.

Sounds to me like your 180 out of time. Have you worked on your IP recently?

bobbed82

Welcome to the forum. The United States isn't a valid location, please update your information.

Sounds to me like your 180 out of time. Have you worked on your IP recently?
Sry i live in Georgia an no i just got it a couple weeks ago and the pump in the tank went out and i fixed that but ever since i had it it had to be started that way and the idle issue to. Ive read that the fuel needs to be turned up its not getting enough but couldn't find illustrations on where to do it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks