• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to take apart M1008 Door ?

HikerLT

QUESTION- M1008 Door disassembly instructions ?

Is there a TM that gives details on taking apart , taking off the inside M1008 pickup Chevy doorpanels, ? I've looked in the maintenence manuals ( TM - 902320-289- #34 and #20) and can't seem to find what I am seeking.

I have the panel partially disassembled, but now I'm stuck - don't want to pry and break anything...

Goal is to replace the inside and outside defective/torn window sash beads, so that Rain does not get down inside the door...

Any help/advice on taking off the door panels, and then on how to replace the window seal beads is appreciated

LT

EO2NMCB

Two screws in the arm rest. The door panel is held on by plastic keepers, no big deal if you break the keepers, any parts store has them 4-6 per package 4.99. Pull the panel from the bottom, once the keepers are free slide the panel upward. Forgot to add there is a u shape clip on the window crank, that you have to pull or pop off first.

Last edited:

papercu

so that Rain does not get down inside the door...
That helps some but it main purpose is to keep the vibration to the window down. You need to make sure the drains at the bottom of the doors are open

kennyw

Remove window crank handle

Remove door handle pocket

Remove 2 arm rest screws and arm rest

Remove remaining door panel screws

Here you will need to pry from the bottom and work your way up.

Getting the top off of the panel off of the door also requires some prying.

N1265

I cant remember..... But cant you just pull those pieces off from the top without taking apart the window ?

I think they just clip into place from the top. If you can get on a Chevy truck forum I am sure thy will be able to look it up in a Chiltons for you.

Just a thought......

bobby2114

i just had mine apart today to replace the window. there are 4 screws in the bottom of the panel and 2 in the arm rest 1 to the left of the arm rest 1 inside the door handle and a U clip on the window handle after those are out just slid the panel up and out. it is a pain in the a$$ though

HikerLT

Yes, the drip bead sash part can be removed and installed without removing the panel....I found that out today, and successfully replaced the damaged/defective outer one.

The real reason I want to remove the panel is to get access to replace the door locks with new ones ( to get away from the "universal" key that anyone can access the vehicle...)

I got it all to the point where the top edge was the only thing holding it...I was just too nervous to pry it, fearing to break it....

based on the advice here, I'will try again and just pry it upwards...

Thanks !