• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to transport sand sheets

Cantos

Hi guys,
Where do you transport your sand sheets at your m1009.
I prefer the mad max style, the sheets on the side windows but my wife dont't like that.
Inside the truck is no option for me.
Let me know how you resolved that.
Thanks.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sand sheets = Sandbleche = sand trays per google translate... Still no idea what you mean. Thought you might have meant drip pan... Auffangwanne...? But that doesn't make sense with the window comment. Cammo nets? Tarnnetz?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the context my guess is he means sand ladders, traction mats, marston mats, etc.
Ahhhh... That'd make sense... If you can't do the side windows, and interior is out... either horizontally across the tailgate or you're going to have to probably do a roof rack and store them there.

Cantos

Ok guys, you are outing me as a google translation user.
Sand sheet is a traktionmat and it is made of Aluminium. Mostly used in the WWII for building runways. Usualy they are 9.84ft long but my ones are cutted in the middle, now they fit perfekt on the rubber seal of the window.
If the weather is better, I'll make a picture, it's easier for all.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your English is better than my German. [thumbzup]

My vote is to get a a roof rack and put them on the sides of the rack.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys, you are outing me as a google translation user.
Sand sheet is a traktionmat and it is made of Aluminium. Mostly used in the WWII for building runways. Usualy they are 9.84ft long but my ones are cutted in the middle, now they fit perfekt on the rubber seal of the window.
If the weather is better, I'll make a picture, it's easier for all.
Marsden Matting :)

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you thought about building a mount that allows you to attach them to the front grille?

Cantos

Yes I tryed to fit them on the bushguard, but in Germany is the bushguard alone a problem, if you mount the sheets there you will be "cops darling"
But thanks for the idea.

Cantos

Thats it, but these are made of steel they are very heavy.
Sorry, the weather is ....... in Germany, when it is better I make some fotos.

You can be happy about your police, our cops stop us to ask ".....cool car, it tsks a lot of fuel, hm?", ...."whhhhaaaat a DIESEL??? ", "......could I see the Monstermachine?", ".....is that a military radio?"
They stand around the car with mouth and eyes wide open, they want to touch anything and they talk, talk, talk......
Not even for the normal questions, are you drunken, or do you know how quick you are?
Thats the reason why I writs sich words like "cops darling" ect.

Cantos

Ok, this was not wat I want, I like the police here anf the cops are making a great job, but the police in USA is not shokt if they see a CUCV on the street.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We understand what you are saying, we just find some phrases funny. Its not meant in a bad way, its just different from what we are used to hearing, so we get a laugh from it.

No harm, no foul intended!

Cantos

Hey guys, it's cool.
I know how you mean the posts.
Back to the theme.
If i cut them again they loose the bridgefunction.
The problem of these parts is the size, threre are only three options
- roof
- window
- in the car under the roof
All other options are not realy possible.
Thanks for all answers

joshuak

If I cut them again they loose the bridgefunction.
Maybe not, if your traktionmat is thick enough and the hinge is solid enough and welded underneath, I think, the sides should keep it from folding. Like this folding mobile bridge:

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

All other options are not really possible.
Another variant to ODFever's idea, maybe like this external spare tire mount?

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?14022-CUCV-M1009-External-spare-tire-mount

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks