• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to unjam m818/deuce door?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somehow today I closed the door on the truck and the result is that the outsude handle is cocked to the rear and won't move. I did not try forcing it. The inside handle moves but will not open the door. I don't know what happened, this is the drivers door and sure to be an extreme annoyance. Has anyone seen this happen before? Any suggestions?

Is this angle a proper angle for the handle to be able to turn to? (maybe someone can check?) I suspect the pawl has turned too far also but can't verify. Should I try and force the handle back? remove it? what a mess.

I have repaired a door mechanism before by actually disassembling it and cleaning and filing, but it was already out of the door. I can't get at this, have only the handles to mess with.

I don't relish the thought of removing the hinge pins, mirrors, etc (which may be rusty!) to get the door off in the 100 degree sun here.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to do that to mine too. Opcom, take the outer handle off and you can put the cam back where it needs to be by not putting the drive all the way into the latch, then do the above linked repair.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks