• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How To Upset A State Trooper.

Well, I went and did it again. I bought another MEP005 in West Orange NJ. Now I should have taken a Deuce or my International cargo truck. Well the deuces had dead batteries, the International has a radiator leak. All four one ton trucks I have were on jobs, soooooo, why not I decided to take the only truck left, a Chevy 2500 utility truck. Took the high hitch out of the garage and left.

Got there, hooked it up, put the magnetic trailer lights one and away I went. That was until one of NJ's finest had an issue.

No tickets, but he had an issue........

I will not be trying this through New Jersey on 80 any time soon.

IMG_0648.jpgIMG_0649.jpgIMG_0650.jpgIMG_0651.jpgIMG_0649.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yikes, the hitch looks frightening. Looks like the high pintle is bolted to flat stock. I would question it's dependability during crisis braking or sudden avoidance maneuvers

No brakes, plate, kept going on about the GVW. I covered my self on the plate. I had in the truck a Pennsylvania Repair Towing plate. But Jersey cops some times give me issues about that. I think if could have had a DOT van show up, I would have been railed!

JRM

that's one nice thing about living out here, we don't get stopped for things like this- no plates needed on single axle trailers either. I even pulled my 803A home threw cali 20mph over the limit for a thousand miles and not a problem. Your pintle does look a bit crazy though

Guyfang

Staff member
i would have loved to see you try that here in germany! Man, you would never see the light of day again, in not just your natural life, but your next 3 or 4 lives!!!

I am lucky I am not in Germany, I have done some very bad things in years past. I once towed a Deuce, with a Deuce, no plates or registration on either . I went right up the turnpike and just kept going till I was home. I bought three trucks from the GSA and drove them right past the State Police Station, no plates, nothing, on the last trip, A officer was outside, I just waved, acted like everything was normal. If I was in Germany, I would be pictured on a poster in all of Germany's police stations " Arrest On Sight " . I have moved too much trucks and equipment on the fly. But I am getting too old, and they are getting too strict . Its not like the good old days.

Guyfang

Staff member
We could make music. I always felt that variety is the spice of life. During the 20 plus years in the Army, 17 and a half in germany, I was a scoundrel. It was always so much fun to do it MY way. Slowing down now. 62 and have had my night in jail. Still, every once in awhile............................................

dmetalmiki

between the lines..5 ton + deuce + jeep. Pulled over to check a warning light. Up comes the 'man' . "Why have you stopped here"? (hard shoulder). "I am checking a fault, should be good to go in 2 minutes". "Ok" says the man, "but get moving as soon as then ok, YOUR TWO MATES HAVE STOPPED CLOSE UP BEHIND YOU".........Off he went...Off WE went!. (phew).
We did have brake and electrical lines to all however, And appropriate insurances and taxes.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have NEVER showed plates, both here in GA or CA, ALL the trucks and trailers that I have moved all over the south east NEVER showed a plate, NEVER have been stopped, I try not to call attention to my self by running over Hondas, not wearing my HI. flamingo shirt, and be shaved so I look like I belong in the truck on US Army time.

New Jersey is its own kind of **** to pass through. I rolled the dice once again.. Years ago I was stopped in NJ with my Mack R model tractor running empty, all because My license plate light was out. There were 40 markers and other lights, but I got a ticket for $90 , all over a two dollar bulb.

I missed the bullet again, but I am not pushing my luck in NJ any time soon, that trooper was steamed.

Jericho

Oh the good times, Went to pick up truck , wouldn't start, by the time I got it started all the gov offices were closed , Had to beat feet, Drove my M109a3 from Bolling AFB with no plates , title , nothing, wore a pair of camo bottoms , green t shirt, BDU cap. did not have to pay a single toll , waved thru them all. Baltimore tunnel , George Washington bridge , Lady at the Baltimore tunnel thanked me for my service (twenty years) and passed me fresh cookies up into the cab. Got to New Hampshire twnty two hours later and parked in Landaff town yard, It had snowed and I didn't want to try going up my mountain pass, (read population 109 ) left it for the night, One armed constable left me a note asking if he could drive it!.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks