• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to use m35a2 slave cables

Crawdaddy

Should be as simple as plug it into the device that needs to be slaved, then plug it into the vehicle you're slaving off of. It's a set of jumper cables, just made easy.

Rustygears

When you connect the second vehicle, make sure you push the connector on firmly in a steady motion so it wont gall the contact ends up when it arcs

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be as simple as plug it into the device that needs to be slaved, then plug it into the vehicle you're slaving off of. It's a set of jumper cables, just made easy.
:ditto:

It's pretty self explanatory. I don't know how you could hook the cable up wrong even if you tried.

1983M35A2

i just wanted to know which vic to hook up first the died one first or the other. do you hook it up when it is running or hook it up than first it up.

Last edited:

Rustygears

If you connect both vehicles and then try to start the 'good' truck, you'll be really beating the battery up. Have the good vehicle engine running when you connect. That way you can't drain the battery too low to start the good truck and wind up with 2 vehicles out of commission.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Single pin slave cables are pretty idiot proof. After all, they are made for "Bubba" to operate. But, like said before, they will arc. I have seen them arc on my M1 back in my Army days. Scared the crap out of me.

54reo

......................................................................................:shock:................................................................................................................

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You said the cables are single pin but are both vehicles single pin?

Deuces were originally made with dual pin receptacles. There is a dual to single slave cable adapter. I is more the most part idiot proof although there have been stories.... Basically if it doesn't slide in easy, you're doing something wrong.

KsM715

If everything is off in the dead vehicle there should be no arcing. If it arcs something is wrong. (M1's aside, I have no experience with those:p)

dittle

The 2 pin ones arc as well, ask me how I know (no it wasn't arcing on my deuce but the tank I was jumping with it)

KsM715

The only way I can see it arc is if you are putting it in at an angle where you're getting the center pin (or the pos.pin on a 2 pin) to close to the outside of the slave recepticle on the truck. As if holding the cable end and trying to look inside it while your attaching it to make sure everything lines up.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the manual tells you to hook up the charging vehicle first then the "to be started vehicle" then crank up the charging vehicle to avoid damage to either vehicle!

Emmett

As the slave is connected directly to the battery and the battery is very dead you could hear a "pop" and might see a slight arc. I have heard a "pop" when connecting and also a slight drop in the donor vehicles engine RPM as the alt starts working.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With my M-1, the 88 crew had just thrown me the slave end. We were sitting on an angle coming up out of a river crossing. I just remember it all being in an awkward position. I threw the cable end toward the uncovered tank's receptacle and the center pin (missing the insulating plastic bumper) struck the outer portion just right:doh:. PPVVVVVTTTT!!!! "Oh, Look, Moe....the 4th of July!!"

Did I mention the weather was miserably wet also? Good times!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just told to have the truck your jumping off of, leave the motor off. Just hook together and start the dead one.:beer: