• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to use the search function

Sumner

I have been trying to search the classifieds for a part, but the search function hasn't really been working for me.

For instance, I am have been trying to look and see if there are any brake hose kits listed, so I type "brake hose" in the search and it brings me all sorts of listings. The only problem is, is that it only seems to search the first word "brake" and not the second.

For example if you try searching "brake hose", the first thread that comes up is about a fifth wheel plate with only one response, and neither post has the work "hose" in it, it only picks up on the word brake.

You can type whatever you want, as long as the first word is brake and the results never change. Search "brake hose ecapsulator", it still comes up with the same results.

Am I doing something wrong, and need to search differently?

Thanks

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It did the same thing for me. That would explain a lot of failed searches.

Try Google and use the site function.

site:steelsoldiers.com "brake hose"

or

site:steelsoldiers.com brake hose

3dAngus

Different techniques get different results.
Go to advanced, type in "brake hose", go to forums, type in "cl" (for classifieds), select it and lock it in, then hit search.
(edit: Also, choose threads, rather then posts)
You get 140 results in classifieds.

Do the same thing with "Brake + hose" and you get it narrowed down to the field closer to your needs with 14 different results combining both words brake plus hose.

Google remains the best overall choice for any kind of steel soldier search however.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks