• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to wire the Pulsetech PDU

kicker9898

Hi All, just picked up a Pulsetech PDU. It has a 12 and 24V hot lead, plus a ground lead. Did not come with hook up instructions.

I am installing in my M923. I am assuming I can use the batteries that have the slave cables attached, run the 24V positive and negative leads to the same locations as the slave cables.

Can I run the 12V positive to the same battery I have the ground on?

I am assuming I can use the batteries that have the slave cables attached, run the 24V positive and negative leads to the same locations as the slave cables.

Can I run the 12V positive to the same battery I have the ground on?
I just got mine in the mail today. Yes the 12V+ goes to the same battery as the one you hook the negative cable on. I'm going to break mine out later and play with it, but it seems you would not want to put a substantial constant load on the 12V circuits. Unless there is an equalizer built in. We shall find out shortly I suppose.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was recommended to me and I concur. Use a 24v lead from the pdu to your favorite 24v-12v inverter and feed the 12v lead from the converter. The 12v lead is to run a few low amp accessories. I will use to power my cell, gps and a small am/fm radio. Use an on/off switch for the converter; so it is not constant hot to drain the batteries while sitting.

The pdu does have a built in pulse unit to maintain the batteries but no equalizer that I am aware of.

I switched the 12v and 24v battery cables in the unit by removing the 4 screw cover so the long cable would reach across (it is mounted in the storage compartment of the battery box) so all 4 batteries are pulsed in my m923. I used the short cable to the power inverter. Switch the marking tags.