• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How well does AC in the MTVR work?

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking of installing AC in my MTVR at some point after it's arrival. I have the Red Dot AC in my M925A2 and on those really hot summer days, it just doesn't do a lot to cool the cab down. It helps, but you'll never reach over to turn it down because it's getting too cool. So, question for those who have AC in their MTVR is, does it work well enough to justify the expense of installing it?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking of installing AC in my MTVR at some point after it's arrival. I have the Red Dot AC in my M925A2 and on those really hot summer days, it just doesn't do a lot to cool the cab down. It helps, but you'll never reach over to turn it down because it's getting too cool. So, question for those who have AC in their MTVR is, does it work well enough to justify the expense of installing it?
I had a RED DOT kit in my now-gone M925A2 (with a soft top no less) and I found it to be plenty cool. I never measured the temperature, but I never had a complaint with its performance. I recall once having it out a 90+ degree day and I eventually turned it down. I did eventually switch to a hard top because they provide more insulation. I have no experience with the MTVR A/C kits, other than I own one for my eventual acquisition.

Camoguy

I just installed mine about a month ago. It actually blows pretty cold. Only complaint would be that the vents are not in the best place to point them at the driver. Overall I like it.

Camoguy

Does it cool the cabin down?
Not like my other truck. But it’s an Improvement for sure. If you sit in the middle in-front of the vents you will want to turn it down. Be ready to fight the driver😂.
I bet sound proofing/insulation would help. Keep in mind its mostly a aluminum shell. I haven’t plugged all of my armor bolt holes either.

JW7tonWY

Does it cool the cabin down?
One summer under the belt on my kit installed on MK23. It is better then not having it, keep the cooler in the middle and the ice won't melt, but get fans for the driver and passenger to help move the air over from center. 100 degree day reasonably comfortable for driver and right side passenger. About the same result as the heater at 0-10 below, comfortable but only just.

JW7tonWY

I added my Oshkosh AC kit last summer, 90+ full sun on cab it is nice in the cab with A/c full blast. Last week I added a vent, and what a difference, lost a lot of back pressure in the manifold and the cab is a lot cooler. blows on the passenger direct, still get the same air flow from dash and drivers vent. If you live someplace warm get the AC. I have a y pipe with valves and will be doublingIMG_1476.jpeg up the drivers vent outlet next, one on each side of the steering wheel.

IMG_1475.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks