• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How well will a M1008 handle a 26ft boat?

AVFD8

My fire department has a chance at getting a M1008 that we would use to tow a 26 ft boat on emergency calls. The boat wieghs around 8000 lbs. Our area is fairly flat. We would put a reese hitch on it. Currently we tow it with our own pickups, but with only 3 of us having trucks set up to tow it we want a dedicated tow vehicle. I,m looking for input from this forum as to how well it will handle the boat.

AVFD8

Our boat trailer has working surge brakes on it. I often tow it with my 2001 f250 4x4 with a v10. Although the M1008 will not have the acceleration that our newer trucks have we will still save time as it will be already hooked up. It will be safer because it will be hooked up when no one is in a hurry. Most often we will have experienced drivers pulling the boat but all drivers must have proper training to drive it.