• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdr from Dallas,Texas

roberts11260

Banned
Howdy from Dallas,Texas

I have been reading about M35's for a while on the search area.

I picked up a 1966 M35a2 for 1800 bux here in Texas and drove it about 60miles to its new home.

Since I have owned which has been about a month I have converted the truck to a PTO W/Winch truck, also I have put a Swizter turbo on.

I have a great conection in Texas I picked up a complete motor with a Switzer turbo and only paid 500 for it.

Got the pto winch and everything needed to convert for only 800.

I have a problem with my Turbo "It will not whistle"

I thought maybe the turbo was faulty even though there was no end play.

Now that I have bought a 2nd switzer turbo there is still no whistle.

The turbo IS working and has a tremendous suction and is spinning nice but just no whistle.

Also when ever my truck has the air engaged for the 6x6 there is a very loud bang sound that comes from down under. so far it seems I spend more time underneath the truck than in the drivers seat. but I love working on and tinkering on the truck.

Next will be a hardtop and maybe a 12 valve cummins swap.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tankjeepman

Nice looking truck. I don't have a deuce yet, but I do have a 1944 Chevy 1.5 ton. I am in the Dallas area so if you need some help some time give me a shout.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. When you get a chance you need to flip the headlight panels now that you are w/w.

The loud bang is not good.

GoHot229

Welcome to Steel Soldiers. It looks like your progressing right along. Get rid of the surface rust spots and the looks will come right along too. It's amazing how just that brings a Deuce back and gets you jazzed on getting it all togather. I give you two or three month and I'm sure the before and after pictures will have little simmilarities other than the base Deuce.

roberts11260

Banned
Sure wish I could post some things I'd like to sell on the site. Would like to post a multi fuel motor complete with whistler turbo for sale along with some other things.

Some pictures I took from the Texas coast, and a few other pics

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks