• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy from TX

Elwarpo

Live in Conroe (North of Houston) and have a M416 trailer that I will be modding into an offroad trailer to tow behind my Jeep (LJR).

Plan is a tub off restore, then add a TJ tailgate as a rear door, convert to 5x4.5" bolt pattern with 35s on TJ Rubicon wheels. This way the trailer and jeep have the the same wheels and tires.

Will build a rack for my roof top tent.

Have had the trailer for 15+ years now and the project is finally moving forward.

Tub is in good shape (very little rust), but the previous owner cut some holes in it since he used it to mount his welder.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Live in Conroe (North of Houston) and have a M416 trailer that I will be modding into an offroad trailer to tow behind my Jeep (LJR).

Plan is a tub off restore, then add a TJ tailgate as a rear door, convert to 5x4.5" bolt pattern with 35s on TJ Rubicon wheels. This way the trailer and jeep have the the same wheels and tires.

Will build a rack for my roof top tent.

Have had the trailer for 15+ years now and the project is finally moving forward.

Tub is in good shape (very little rust), but the previous owner cut some holes in it since he used it to mount his welder.
Welcome to the Outfit!

Maybe we can move your post to TRAILERS so you can update with pictures?

TM's for your trailer are posted here as a free download.
If you are going to re-axle the trailer, you might not need them but books might be useful.

Welcome to the group.

m715mike

Howdy from just down Hwy 105 in Montgomery. Welcome to the site!

There are several SS members in the area. We just had our annual rally in College Station this past weekend. Rally details, pictures and videos are here >> https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/2023-tx-mv-rally.213025/

I look forward to seeing pictures of your trailer and maybe seeing it in person sometime.

Elwarpo

Guyfang

Staff member
So, your thread is moved to the TRAILERS forum. Now you can post pictures. The only reason you got "expedited service", is because my Step Brother used to live on Lake Conroe and Mullaney slipped in a good word. And being in THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS, didn't hurt a bit.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So, your thread is moved to the TRAILERS forum. Now you can post pictures. The only reason you got "expedited service", is because my Step Brother used to live on Lake Conroe and Mullaney slipped in a good word. And being in THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS, didn't hurt a bit.
Nice! That's really what it is all about!

Come on @Elwarpo ...
Make us proud.
Pictures Please.

:cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks