• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy. New-to-me M1009 here.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was a navy av mech 15 years ago. Gas mech of all flavors in between. Pretty limited experience with diesel, but it seems simpler. This vintage, anyway.

I used searchcraigslist.org to find this old boy. It gets 162 results for "M1009" right now as opposed to zero results locally. I'd recommend it to find uncommon stuff. If you happen to find a 6.5DT derelict within 500 miles of me, let me know. The previous owner was trying to sell this CUCV on Oklahoma City and Kansas City Craigslist. We spoke on the phone for awhile and he sent pictures of everything I asked about right away. I bank wired him the cash, contracted a car hauler, and here it sits. I didn't have much faith in humanity, but the fact that a long distance Craigslist car sale went off without much of a hitch did wonders for that affliction. Now the seller told me he'd "drive it anywhere" which set my mind at ease as far as a 40 year old daily driver goes. Then, I looked at the title and saw he'd driven it about 100 miles per year in the time he had it. Well, I drove it 100 miles per day for the first week and quickly found the tired seals in the fueling system. Pretty sure just about every piece of rubber on this thing is rotten, so I've started replacing them a little at a time. I figure once the fueling system is freshened up, I should get a whole lot of miles out of this one.

I do wonder if anybody is looking for this radio, because it's all here and I understand it's worth more than a negligible amount of money to the right person. I certainly don't need it, and over the years, this truck will be anything but a museum piece.

00m0m_6scfQ6yonQ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00B0B_9x3hf8FlZiT_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00w0w_lDBshqw2c5I_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00O0O_275NF3sfREt_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was a navy av mech 15 years ago. Gas mech of all flavors in between. Pretty limited experience with diesel, but it seems simpler. This vintage, anyway.

I used searchcraigslist.org to find this old boy. It gets 162 results for "M1009" right now as opposed to zero results locally. I'd recommend it to find uncommon stuff. If you happen to find a 6.5DT derelict within 500 miles of me, let me know. The previous owner was trying to sell this CUCV on Oklahoma City and Kansas City Craigslist. We spoke on the phone for awhile and he sent pictures of everything I asked about right away. I bank wired him the cash, contracted a car hauler, and here it sits. I didn't have much faith in humanity, but the fact that a long distance Craigslist car sale went off without much of a hitch did wonders for that affliction. Now the seller told me he'd "drive it anywhere" which set my mind at ease as far as a 40 year old daily driver goes. Then, I looked at the title and saw he'd driven it about 100 miles per year in the time he had it. Well, I drove it 100 miles per day for the first week and quickly found the tired seals in the fueling system. Pretty sure just about every piece of rubber on this thing is rotten, so I've started replacing them a little at a time. I figure once the fueling system is freshened up, I should get a whole lot of miles out of this one.

I do wonder if anybody is looking for this radio, because it's all here and I understand it's worth more than a negligible amount of money to the right person. I certainly don't need it, and over the years, this truck will be anything but a museum piece.

View attachment 902456
View attachment 902452View attachment 902458
View attachment 902457
Nice looking truck for sure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks