• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy tread

yetti

Hey all my buddy Rizzo told me to come by and see if you had a truck or two around for me? I already have a `77 Dodge M884 in rough shape and am looking at upgrading to a Chevy. Rizzo said something about a L1008? I believe??? I dunno said it was the pick up version.

yetti

Thanks. I have been poking around a bit. I was in your tech section seeing if I can help out a bit. I used to work at a Chevy dealer for many years doing heavy trucks and diesels, motor homes .etc. loads of engine and trans stuff.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site!

Rizzo is probably referring the M1008-it's the one ton version of the CUCV. Actually I think it's 1.25 ton.

Dana60 front, 6.2 diesel, T400, NP208 and a 14bolt rear. 4.56 gears.

yetti

Hey all thanks for the warm welcomes. been looking around a bit you folks got some issue with green paint? it must have leached into my blood somewhere cause its all over now that I have signed on here I see it everywhere.

airmech3839

Welcome from the southern boys!!! Remember to make it to a rally near you or just go around the country to all of them....you will be sure to fnd a truck that way!!! Plenty of guys buying and selling....
:tin hat:
we are all a little infected some of us more than others.....there is no cure but to buy more green iron!!

Tracy