• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy Ya'll, from Sterling CT

hillbillygmc

Hey fellas, I'm new here. I've been working on my truck for the better part of 6 years. I suppose you'd say I'm trying to build a m1008 clone. I bought a busted 84 GMC K10 which was in rough shape. I've done alot of work restoring it. A ton of sheet metal work, engine, tranny.....etc. I just blew the motor, for the 2nd time, so I figured I'd take my time and do a frame off restoration. It's just about ready to throw back together. Here's a small list of what I can remember the truck'll have.
Built 350, 6" of lift, Dana 60 up front and 14 bolt ff in back (both from a m1008), 37's.
Here are a couple of pics taken a year ago. Since then I've added more lift and the bigger tires.
009.jpg008.jpg

Now here's a pic of what I'm doing now.
truck.jpg

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the OD addiction super-site! If the OD bug hasn't bitten you yet, it will after reading these pages!

Rick

kerismo

One state forest way north, not sure exactly. Was passenger.

Ive got a bud who is prett active on one of the Ct Jeep forums, they are pretty good resource, And there was a thread over on ctguntalk awhile back.

If i get any info ill let you know.

hillbillygmc

One state forest way north, not sure exactly. Was passenger.

Ive got a bud who is prett active on one of the Ct Jeep forums, they are pretty good resource, And there was a thread over on ctguntalk awhile back.

If i get any info ill let you know.
Cool, thanks. The state forest you speak of is Pachaug....I think that's what you may be speaking of. It's about 15 minutes from me. Sort of the north east part of the state. The Pachaug trail system runs up to Maine. It has alot of great and diverse terrain. It's legal for any registered vehicle....either a truck, motorcycle, atv, snowmobile etc.... The only problem is that is waaaaayyyyy narrow in some sections. I suppose our big Chevy's can get through, but you're libel to wreck your paint....if you care about that sort of thing.