• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hub instal question and carnage pics

Gunfighter1

Got my warn hubs in today, pretty easy install on one side. The other side was completely trashed tho. Locking nusts obviously werent tightened and fell out when i took the hub out. Its full of metal shavings and my spindle is junked, so off to the scrap yard to find a replacement. The side that was intact doesnt seem to lock up properly tho. I turn it to lock and it doesnt seem like theres any tension keeping in fully engaged and almost spins freely back to unlock. Do i need to engage them and drive it around the block to break it in or did i f something up. Install was simple on the side that wasnt trashed so i dont think i missed anything. Thought id share pics of what my hub looked like. First pic is all the goodies that fell out when the hub slid out. Second is the backside of the hub and where ir wore down and made a nice little mess of grease and shavings.
IMAG0068.jpg
IMAG0070.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks