• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HUB rebuild hours

w5ood

Does anyone know what the book hours are for rebuilding a hub? I need a good quote for insurance purposes. thanks for any information you guys can provide.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Complete with all bearing and cones? About 2hrs labor, can't tell you parts as the cost will vary based on sources.
sometimes easier to just buy a new or takeoff unit

w5ood

I believe it is just some shop. Its for friend he is an insurance adjuster and they shop wants that but he obviously doesnt believe that quote. But its hard to find any book listed hours for these vehicles.

snowtrac nome

In the back of the tm's there is a mac chart (maintenance allocation chart) that will give you a book time for about everything in that level of maintenance. You may have to step up to the 30 series manual for rebuilding the hub.

Action

I am still trying to figure out what kind of claim involves rebuilding a hub. Did someone t-bone the humvee? Did the driver slam into something? Was it just shot from the auction, and the owner wants insurance to pay to fix? ???

tage

Yea right...99.9% of shops won’t work on a Hummer H1 or a hmmwv.
Of course not.
I'm talking about the big mitchell books (1-1.5ft thick) that has R&R rates for every vehicle / component system.
Actually thinking about it.. it's probably all online now... Either way any shop to should have access to R&R rates if they are worth anything.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks