• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hub replacement on M101A1?

BSH

Has anybody modded an older M101 trailer with a newer hub? I was thinking about putting on a hub, maybe from a civvy pickup truck or something like that. Will that work with the existing axle? What kind of fab work would that take?
TIA

papercu

Might could, sounds like a lot of work though. Might be easier just to change axles from a commercial trailer. Just carrying a spare tire is the cheapest fix if you are worried about flats (unless you are prone to lots of flats). Wayne

tlm47201

Tell ya what I did. Had an M105, with a bad spindle. Sawed the ends off, and had a ton dually rear end, dana 70. Cut the axle ends off, they slid perfectly into the 105 axle tube, and welded them up. Now the 105 takes ton dually or single wheels. Not sure if the 101 axle tube diameter is the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks