• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Huey 658

aboonski

Just wondering if any Steel Soldiers member has info on where Huey 658 is now? I was one of the volunteers of the crew who worked on the helicopter when it was owned and operated by the Firelands Museum of Military History. The photo by my post was taken at the TICO Airshow in Titusville Florida. I enjoyed the many flights on that bird and really hated to see it sold to another party. Just wondering where it is right now?

Al Broadbent

vtdeucedriver

Or maybe not...........................I seem to remember that she was sold off and was somewhere in the mid-west again. For a while I had e mails going with 658's crewchief durring the war. There is a really good book that he wrote about it. I have a signed copy.

vtdeucedriver

If by chance, you dont have a copy I think I still have his e mails...........he sells them also on ebay...............really nice guy

aboonski

Thanks for the reply! I'll have to go out there again sometime to see if you are right. Our pilot Dave Bennett kept the Huey out there while we were actively flying. It was really fun while it lasted!

vtdeucedriver

Re: RE: Huey 658

aboonski said:
Thanks for the reply! I'll have to go out there again sometime to see if you are right. Our pilot Dave Bennett kept the Huey out there while we were actively flying. It was really fun while it lasted!

You guys get the TBM finnished????

bugei

your right jason, it is a tough decision, i would recommend that you get them both and give me the one that you don't like.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I make it, I am going to buy a Huey.

sprucemt

Huey

clinto said:
When I make it, I am going to buy a Huey.
You have made it. You are a 4 star General. You can order anything you want. Just bill it to Steelsoldiers. Get both as a matter of fact. I would think acetomato would agree. And "Do Not" forget the tm's.

Jblankster

RE: Huey

no way?! i thought it wasnt possible for civvys to own a cobra yet? all i know is, when im rich. id want a cobra, and a huey.

and a A-10 thunderbolt II if they ever stop using them lol

saddamsnightmare

RE: Huey

March 1st, 2008.

Geez Gentlemen:

With all that money you OD collectors got stashed in your mattresses, buy both of them, Give the one you don't want to me, I'll put it on EBAY with a hefty reserve, and use the cash to buy a very nice AC-47, then my name will change from "Saddam's Nightmare" to "Uncle Ho's (or Fido's) Horror Show". A much, much cooler ride then even an M35A2 with M105 trailer (I'm still looking for the trailer, boys). The Cobra or Heuy would be cool, but, boys, you better print some more money, as ANY HELICOPTER will prtty much bankrupt it's owner on running repairs. I remember the last ANG Mustangs getting sold for what deuces go for now, with a spare engine, but even Uncle couldn't always keep them in fuel. Let's keep dreaming, now that JWaller's got his towbar, anything can happen!!!! rofl

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Swiss Army Mercedes Benz Unimog S404.114.
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W"Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce and a Half Truck.

oscardeuce

Just wondering if any Steel Soldiers member has info on where Huey 658 is now? I was one of the volunteers of the crew who worked on the helicopter when it was owned and operated by the Firelands Museum of Military History. The photo by my post was taken at the TICO Airshow in Titusville Florida. I enjoyed the many flights on that bird and really hated to see it sold to another party. Just wondering where it is right now?

Al Broadbent
Hi
My dad was the President of the Firelands museum.
He died 11/4/98
658 was lost a few years ago

Interesting circumstances

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks