• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humber pig questions

kcimb

Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a mk2 Humber pig.

However, have some questions.

A) is the extra mk2 armor removeable?

B) what is the top speed?

I know i will think up some more later , but any help on these would suffice!

Thanks,

Ben

rmgill

Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a mk2 Humber pig.

However, have some questions.

A) is the extra mk2 armor removeable?
If it's anything like the Ferrets or Saracens, it's not.
It's either applique welded to double up plates OR it was increased at the factory.

B) what is the top speed?
Not sure. They're heavy, figure on getting used to driving it with weak brakes and planning your stops.

B3.3T

Ryan is correct, it is not removable. He is correct about the poor brakes as well. Top speed is about 45mph, on a long flat surface. These were totally designed for urban tactics. Do not plan any off-roading.

Stalwart

Also, since the vehicle is overweight for the running gear EMPTY, don't plan on hauling a bunch of people either. When I inquired about getting one my supplier told me he "wouldn't sell me one" even though he had one there. He said they were too prone to breakage and didn't want to hurt his reputation with selling me something he deemed to be a difficult to work on POS.

Good garage queen or lawn ornament though. :cookoo:

Years back a So. Cal. SWAT team had one, they loaded it up and broke the rear axle.

m5040

I was doing a search on the net, I think Utube, and there was a video of someone removing the rear armor. I have a pig and planning on installing it on a Dodge/Cummins chassis with GMC 2.5 axles for the listed reasons. My belief is that the armored portion of the vehicle is the best you can buy, just update the driveline.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks