• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hummer tires cucv rims

bkwudzhom

I bought my M1008 last year. It came with 10 inch wide aluminum wheels with 33's mounted on them. I like the tire size but the rims just dont fit the military look. I was able to secure the origional rims in the deal but the stock tires were completely dry rotted.
I have found a set of hummer tires at a good price. Will they fit on the stock M1008 rims with out a problem? The fenders have already been trimmed so that is not an issue. If I need to trim them more I really dont care.
Thanks,
BK

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bkwudzhom;675373..................................I have found a set of hummer tires at a good price. Will they fit on the stock M1008 rims with out a problem? The fenders have already been trimmed so that is not an issue. If I need to trim them more I really dont care. Thanks said:
If no one answered this one, it must be for a reason....:???:
HMMWV tires go on 16.5"rims.....; stock M1008 rims are 16" size, so........?

You probably already know that 16.5" tires are NOT - I mean NEVER /NIEMALS/ NUNCA/ JAMAIS - to be mounted on 16" rims...!

Sorry but such Qs make me nervous, at least!

G.

steved454

:funny:
Yeh well to make you feel better my first post ever here was about the worst question you could ask.

Just changed the oil and I put 1 gallon of oil in it and nothing is showing on the dipstick????? do I need to crank it to get it to show on the stick?

key word I put 1 gallon in ! not 2.

I just got the military 37 inch tires and looking for 16.5 inch rims myself. I have given many away through the years thinking I would never need them again!!

steved454

74 up to 87 for sure. any straight axle 3/4 or 1 ton. Also dodge and ford 8 lug wheels fit up to a certain year, then they changed for some reason. Right now I am thinking about buying a set of black steel wheels in 16.5 x 8. I just hate having to buy a set when I have had plenty in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks