• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humming Noise and leak from T Case

hotcorner216

Well this all started about 5 months ago, T case started leaking quite a bit from the front output shaft seal, so I changed it, no leak for about 3 months, then it started leaking a again, I let the truck sit for about a month till I had time to change it, Changed it again with a different seal from a different part store, lightly hand sanded the yoke to make sure it was smooth and 2-3 weeks later started leaking again. Since the initial leak there was a humming noise coming from the T case only when it was leaking, I topped it off and it would hum on and off, T case is now humming again. T case was rebuilt by previous owners mechanic about 2 years ago. I do engage 4 hi and low at least once a month on a hill behind my home just to have it engaged and get the parts moving, always engages with not problem...

Any advise on fixing this issue?

besides bathing it in silicone...lol

Last edited:

bushhawg73

Is the humming noise only present when 4 wheel drive is engaged? When you replaced the front output seal, metal one, was there also a little rubber washer that fits inside the spline area on the yoke?

bushhawg73

I would also say to check the bearings. I did a little seal replacement write up a little while back where I had a leaking seal on my M1008. You should be able to find it pretty easy, it was about a month ago. In the write up I list part numbers and where to get some of the parts. I don't know if that will help you or not. Just a suggestion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks