• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HUMVEE EXPORT going into production

greenjeepster

The long time slang for the HMMWV is going into production under the authorization of AM General. Basically they are bringing back the Hummer under a different name with a far higher price tag. Starting at $168,000, welcome the Humvee C series. The first production models will roll off the line next month.

http://www.humveec-series.com/media/

EwaMarine

The long time slang for the HMMWV is going into production under the authorization of AM General. Basically they are bringing back the Hummer under a different name with a far higher price tag. Starting at $168,000, welcome the Humvee C series. The first production models will roll off the line next month.

http://www.humveec-series.com/media/
Retarded question coming from a not too brite Marine here: Why doesn't AM general just make a "civil" military version like how everyone wants?...383 green , spartan interior, etc....seems like there is a market for them as everyone wants one. Lawyers? Use all M series lights, blah blah blah...? and make them affordable. Certainly they would be produced cheaper due to lack of civil amenities..

EwaMarine

Like really? How many people can afford a 168K car? how many can afford a 15K car thats identical in appearance to a slant back military one? Tell me how many would snap that up? AM general is missing a market...both here and overseas...

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Military style units wouldn't meet all the standards crap (crash safety, madatory air bags, fuel mileage, etc) that production vehicles must meet. One of the big reasons there aren't affordable cars any more.

greenjeepster

AM General isn't making them, they licensed it out to another manufacturer. I don't think AM General wants to be in the civilian vehicle market, that is why they sold the hummer name to GM and now they are licensing "Humvee to another company. When they went from AMC to AM General I think they never had any intentions of going back.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surprised to hear AMG isn't making them. $168K is high end, European sports car money

glassk

HUMVEE EXPORT LLC, working in conjunction with AM General, is officially appointed exporter of the HUMVEE C – SERIES. To find a carefully selected authorized dealer, please click on a country for more information, or see our dealer list below. If you wish to inquire about the HUMVEE C – SERIES, or if you wish to apply to become an authorized HUMVEE C – SERIES dealer, please use our Contact Form.

http://www.humveec-series.com/dealers/

don't think you can buy one here,...

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And it all makes sense now.

Maybe there's no dealers in the US because Am-General has been right all along and the design is fundamentally unsafe for road use in the US.

Or they're having trouble selling franchise rights with the government auctioning off surplus non-titleable vehicles.

5tonpuller

What good is it to pay big money for one and just look at it. ( non-titleable ) If every one would stick to gether and not buy / pay big $ maybe they would get the idea. My .05 worth.

greenjeepster

The issue I think came down to the fact the GM owns the rights to the Hummer which is the same design and contractually AM General cannot sell them in the US.

And at nearly 200 K I don;'t think there will be a market for them here. With 10 thousand H1s out there and very few of those ere exported the demand for them over seas is probably a lot better. Note that many countries they are selling them to are all less than 1st world with fairly rugged terrain; These are predominantly going to governments who cannot get them through FMS likely.

No worries; in 25 years we can import them back.

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're HMMWV-C project has been around for years, it's been on and off. The first iteration was they would not start production in the US till they received enough order for like 75 trucks. The trucks had no drive train, they were sold as kits to get around govt regs, it's the same reason you cannot order a complete motor from GEP, but you can order a long block....emissions BS. There is a long running thread over on the Humvee.net

i was told that of all companies, U.S. Engines was to build the "C" series...if that's true, I wouldn't go near one...this came from the largest distributer of hummer parts in US.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I thought when GMC went bankrupt, the "HUMMER" name got sold to a CHINESE company.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought when GMC went bankrupt, the "HUMMER" name got sold to a CHINESE company.

The chinese deal fell through along time ago....The "Hummer" name had a sunset clause I was told...so GM had only a certain amount of time that they could use it, that was like 10yrs, well....Hummers are gone from production and the name didn't sell....

Blackmagic94

None of the reasons that AM General doesn't want to sell vehicles or parts to the public are based on anything real.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of the reasons that AM General doesn't want to sell vehicles or parts to the public are based on anything real.
Probably cuz am gen doesn't want to deal with idiots ordering a 10.00 part....I don't blame them.
on top of that...its a military vehicle, not a Chevy, it wasn't made for the masses, it's a tactical vehicle. Do you think it was just as easy to call Am gen and order deuce and mutt parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks