• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Flasher

jim1131

My humvee was missing all the lights so I installed all new LED lights but my turn signals only worked on the right side. I swapped the original flasher with a new flasher from midwest military equipment and now non of the turn signals work. The replacement flasher was new in the box and isnt likely to be defective but im not getting any turn signals, what else might be the problem?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome.

Flasher relays are not all the same. Some work with LED , some don’t, and some need help.

Which relay do you have? Did you remove the light in the signal selector arm? Did you search old posts for the very detailed answers?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My humvee was missing all the lights so I installed all new LED lights but my turn signals only worked on the right side. I swapped the original flasher with a new flasher from midwest military equipment and now non of the turn signals work. The replacement flasher was new in the box and isnt likely to be defective but im not getting any turn signals, what else might be the problem?
Like @TOBASH mentioned, there are lots of threads about flashers. There is a difference between LED and Incandescent flashers too. Grounds need to be chased in the wiring and that little ground bar on the back of the tail lights is important too.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they worked on one side then why did you replace the flasher? one side or the other if the flasher works it works, pretty simple device.
The LED lights have an independent ground wire and do not depend on the bar across the bolts, at least all I have seen are that way.
to see if the rear lights are working try the brakes, make sure the turn signal switch in in the neutral position and remove the lens to make sure the correct "filaments" are being "lit"
once you make sure all the lights are working (running and brake) then worry about the turn signals.
You can install resistors from the brake/turn signal leads to ground and make any good flasher work but that is somewhat defeating the beauty of the LED lights.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post number 6 from RWH retiredWarHorses Steve… search function found this with less than 30 seconds invested.

And the simple fix is to replace the flasher LED lights with conventional incandescent 24 volt lights.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks