• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Front Bumper Mount

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A quick look in the parts manuals for the word "brushguard" only came up with 2 pages for the A0-A2 series trucks, and one page in the ECV/REV manual.

They have different brackets in the first manual, but here is the page from the second manual.

brushguard.jpg

1659062174601.png

Unfortunately, like a lot of parts for these, they use the most basic description possible so searching for it by it's name is worthless.

The word "bracket" shows up 347 times in the first parts manual part 1, and the same for part 2 of that, so almost 700 times.
In the ECV/REV manual it shows up 927 times

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That "mount" next to it is for a D-ring type shackle for the wider part, then the lower hole is where the towbar would attach.

Guyfang

Staff member
A quick look in the parts manuals for the word "brushguard" only came up with 2 pages for the A0-A2 series trucks, and one page in the ECV/REV manual.

They have different brackets in the first manual, but here is the page from the second manual.

View attachment 874420

View attachment 874417

Unfortunately, like a lot of parts for these, they use the most basic description possible so searching for it by it's name is worthless.

The word "bracket" shows up 347 times in the first parts manual part 1, and the same for part 2 of that, so almost 700 times.

I have used TM's almost my whole life. I have never used the search function. The TOC will give you a place to start, and its up to you to LOOK. You can't tell me it was faster to use search.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have used TM's almost my whole life. I have never used the search function. The TOC will give you a place to start, and its up to you to LOOK. You can't tell me it was faster to use search.
For someone that isn't as familiar with the manuals, then search function can save time.
For someone that actually understands the manuals and uses them regularly, not so much.

in this regard, many things are easier with paper manuals as you can mark or highlight the pages you look at repeatedly. Not as easy on a computer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks