• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Generator Pulley

Hummer Guy

Has anyone ever taken the pulley off the 200Amp generator? I try to use a breaker bar and a big crescent wrench to take it off but this thing is literally just frozen. Has anyone else ever taken this pulley off?

What I was trying, was putting my breaker bar in the back and then try to use my crescent on the front to loosen it

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I was thinking
It has the procedure in the TM. I was trying to get mine off also. I was able to get the one nut off but I couldn’t get the smaller one off. It shows to clamp the pulley in a vise and I didn’t want to remove the beast. My pulley was not the issue and I’m glad I didn’t remove it.

Hummer Guy

Why are you removing it? And which pulley are you referring too? There are 2
This not my generator but its similar, its the 8 groove pulley. My generator wasn't making any power and was making a really loud sound as if something inside is broken. I bought a new generator but it didn't come with any pulley so I'm trying to take the pulley off the old one and install it on my new generator

Attachments

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This not my generator but its similar, its the 8 groove pulley. My generator wasn't making any power and was making a really loud sound as if something inside is broken. I bought a new generator but it didn't come with any pulley so I'm trying to take the pulley off the old one and install it on my new generator

Why not use a pulley puller??

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked up the $33 pully...Its for an early surp 100 amp alternator......belt won't line up.
600634 is what you need...look it up at macmotors...$$$$$

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The nut comes off with an impact driver, the pulley will either come right off or will get destroyed trying, ive done about 100 of them, most common in the pulley will separate from the bearing, leaving just the bearing still stuck on the gen shaft, if the clutch action is seized, just buy a new clutch pulley

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks