• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Hard Doors (MME Aluminum)

cucvegas

Has anyone bought or seen up close the Midwest Military Equipment Aluminum Hard Door kit for $2800?

http://midwestmilitaryequipment.com...humvee-hmmwv-aluminum-hard-door-kit-set-of-4/

I'm considering buying hard doors, I just don't know if these are worth the money, especially with RV windows.

I'm converting a 2-man to a 4 man, would you recommend getting a 4-man soft-top and c-pillar or is there is a different top you like?

I saw Breton Industries 4-man canvas for $2200, it just seems like hard doors may be better in the long run.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

dhaumann69166

For that price you can find doors with full size windows that go up and down. Not trying to push you away from that style it just seems like those windows would be inconvenient for a lot of things like ATM, drive through window or even just hanging your arm out the windows some day when it’s warm out. My 63 Scout 80 has split sliders for side windows and I personally don’t like them. Like I said it’s all personal preference just throwing out my opinion.

Action

I am not a fan of hard doors that use the soft door latches. I like a solid double click latch like a normal vehicle door. I also think the X stuck on the outside looks cheesy. Leave that off for an armor look.

JoeJrTheBarber

I was going to go the same route as you but never was sold on the look / functionality of the doors themselves as said above. After a week or so I came across a set of factory X doors and
am much happier with them over whatever the aftermarket has to offer.

donquijote

I was going to go the same route as you but never was sold on the look / functionality of the doors themselves as said above. After a week or so I came across a set of factory X doors and
am much happier with them over whatever the aftermarket has to offer.
Agreed. OEM doors look best, the aftermarket options are ugly imo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

karlsmith

Door1.jpgDoor2.jpgDoor3.jpgChris out of Alpharetta, GA makes these for $2K a set. Comes with plexi glass because he doesn't want to deal with breakage during transport. As close to new aftermarket original as I've seen.

Action

Does the window slides down?
Yeah, but the knob is all the way at the bottom of the door. The fiberglass Amtech doors had plexiglass windows, but the operator had to twist the knob to secure it in place. It looks like these just pull out to slide up and down.
Or, search web for aftermarket HMMWV doors and start comparing latches. You may get lucky.

Last edited:

dhaumann69166

Does anybody know who used to make it still might make tall top kits? My 93 HMMWV has a tall hard top and tall doors and I am trying to find parts for the door latches. I will try to get some up close pictures of the doors and latches today sometime. So far mine is the only one I have seen with the tall hard top and tall hard doors. I had someone on here tell me they had seen ones like this in Montana on a ranch. Unfortunately they are not the same as the X door. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
99E5DC8C-D067-47BA-AFB7-552F5D84F918.jpg

dhaumann69166

View attachment 718370View attachment 718371View attachment 718372Chris out of Alpharetta, GA makes these for $2K a set. Comes with plexi glass because he doesn't want to deal with breakage during transport. As close to new aftermarket original as I've seen.
How do you like the Plexi windows? I need to replace two of mine and was debating on what route to go. Currently I have laminated glass windows and to replace them will be about $65 a window cut locally.

Action

Does anybody know who used to make it still might make tall top kits? My 93 HMMWV has a tall hard top and tall doors and I am trying to find parts for the door latches. I will try to get some up close pictures of the doors and latches today sometime. So far mine is the only one I have seen with the tall hard top and tall hard doors. I had someone on here tell me they had seen ones like this in Montana on a ranch. Unfortunately they are not the same as the X door. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
View attachment 719479
It shouldn't matter what door you have, you just need to find out who makes the latches. If you can examine one to try and find a number on it and start doing web searches, you may find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks