• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

humvee headlight switch

mogger7

Hey guys new here and posted this in wrong section sorry lookn for a quick headlight switch fix by installing regular headlight switch in my m998 Humvee something that will let my wire brake lights to work as normal cars and trucks and lights come on with push pull switch . Anyone done this to their Humvee?? Thanks
Rich

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Mogger. Just leave the switch in the service stop position all the time and that way you won't drive with no brake lights. You don't have to turn the switch off when you get to where you are going.

Action

Welcome Mogger. Just leave the switch in the service stop position all the time and that way you won't drive with no brake lights. You don't have to turn the switch off when you get to where you are going.
If you do this, shut off the dash lights.

mogger7

I don't have a service stop position top lever hasBO DRIVE ,BO MARKER, OFF,STOP LIGHT,SERVICE DRIVE positions the left lever has PANEL BRT, DIM,OFF, and PARK,, and the right lever is the lock lever
Thanks
Rich

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have a service stop position top lever hasBO DRIVE ,BO MARKER, OFF,STOP LIGHT,SERVICE DRIVE positions the left lever has PANEL BRT, DIM,OFF, and PARK,, and the right lever is the lock lever
Thanks
Rich
Leave in STOP LIGHT all the time.

papakb

Bite the bullet and replace the light switch. They aren't all that expensive especially when you consider the vehicle it's going into. Just remember to disconnect the batteries when installing it whether it's the three lever switch or the push button variant..

From your post I think you need to download and read the HMMWV Operators manual TM 9 2320 280 10. It's available along with all of the repair manuals as a free download here:

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?78861-TM-s-for-the-M998-series

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks