• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Injector Replacement

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it, I'm looking at some on ebay, it says its from China, I know China products are not so great, but I figure something as simple as injectors shouldn't matter
no, you cannot use turbo injectors on an NA motor…and why the hell would you put some Chicomm crap injectors in when you can buy OEM? and yes…there is a quality difference.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mind explaining why? Only thing I know is different is the pop pressure. (126bar for the N/A vs. 142bar for the turbo version).
Correct, and That pop pressure is absolutely crucial to the engine running correctly.
If the 2 engines used the same the injector, they wouldnt make 2 different injector per the TM, the UOC
is specific.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That pop pressure is absolutely crucial to the engine running correctly.
Well, PP does affect fuel atomization, yes (not flow, as some might think). But IDK about it being as much as "crucial"... (?)

FWIW, I know people who are running the stock Delphi 803 "turbo" injectors for example, in their (N/A) 6.2s. No reported issues, so far. Others have set their injectors to run at even much higher pressures (possibly trying to achieve better performance when adding WMO...?)
I think the stock PP value is mainly a compromise between overall performance and durability of all parts involved.
If the 2 engines used the same the injector, they wouldnt make 2 different injector per the TM, the UOC
is specific.
It is just logic that their NSN is different, but Bosch for example uses the same part numbers for the body AND the tip, for both 6.5L versions.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Shop 'Till you drop is the word
I had bought complete gasket sets WITH the injectors for that engine for NOT much $
Guy had pallets full of them
I had not enough money to buy them all, but wish I had done so.
Get the NSN for what it is you want and Shop!

REF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have read a lot here about injector pumps, replacing them and rebuilding them but vary little about injectors.
Thought I might chime in, Any time we pull a pump ( diesel powered ag equipment) for rebuild we always pull the injectors and send them with the pump. If they are good, it costs vary little to have them cleaned and pop pressure adjusted of course if a tip is bad it gets replaced and the cost is more. The injectors have a spring that over time can take a set and the pop pressure will drop or the injector will start to dribble and it never seemed correct to put a fresh pump on a tired set of injectors.
My suggestion is if your pulling the pump, take the time to pull the injectors and send them with it, the fuel shop won't charge much to test and tune them up if they are good and still cheaper to rebuild the bad ones compared to buying a full set for replacement.

Klingerson

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks