• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Led front and rear light conversion

Duff ace

I just get these in the mail today for my Humvee. Plan to install them tomorrow morning. I don't see instructions.

Do unscrew the lights around the housings or find the bolts behind the units? I couldn't find anything on YouTube for a reference

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you have the buckets on the lights like it appears you do your old lights will have the two rear bolts to bolt those on for the turn and tail buckets.

Hopefully you did not pay that much for those lights though.

Duff ace

If you have the buckets on the lights like it appears you do your old lights will have the two rear bolts to bolt those on for the turn and tail buckets.

Hopefully you did not pay that much for those lights though.
So it's just the bolts in the back then. The new ones are full casings like the oem ones.

No I did not pay that price

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just get these in the mail today for my Humvee. Plan to install them tomorrow morning. I don't see instructions.

Do unscrew the lights around the housings or find the bolts behind the units? I couldn't find anything on YouTube for a reference

The lights look good.

When you post with TAPATALK the pics disappear. That is why it is against TOS.

Please consider properly uploading the pics to the site so they don't disappear in the future.

Ejoy your new visibility and ability to see at night.

Duff ace

The lights look good.

When you post with TAPATALK the pics disappear. That is why it is against TOS.

Please consider properly uploading the pics to the site so they don't disappear in the future.

Ejoy your new visibility and ability to see at night.
Didn't know that. Thank you

I installed the rear leds yesterday (pita! with rusted bolts) still can't get some bolts off and will probably end up taking to a shop.

After the install, the left blinker is not working. It was pretty much a plug and play system. Neither the front or rear left are working and the light near the steering wheel seems less lit when I turn the left blinker on vs the right one. The front and rear right blinker are working after the install though.

Thoughts?

therooster2001

Unless the bulbs are flat out DOA, you're probably chasing a ground issue. Test the bulbs from known working on the other side just to be sure, then check your grounds (and feeds) with a multimeter. I've also seen Packard connectors go in a bit sideways and not make a great connection and cause some low light situations (that's how previous owner left one headlight on mine) so check that they went in perfectly. If that's not it, it's your blinker box (probably not).

And for the rusted hardware, don't take it to a shop, there's nothing that advice, heat, penetrating oil or a cutoff won't fix with these little parts.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Take the bulb out of the turn signal indicator on the turn signal. Its not an LED bulb so it interferes with the flasher

Mixing led and regular bulbs can cause issues. Especially if you don't have an LED flasher

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the bulb out of the turn signal indicator on the turn signal. Its not an LED bulb so it interferes with the flasher

Mixing led and regular bulbs can cause issues. Especially if you don't have an LED flasher
When swapping in LED bulbs, the linker assembly can have issues. First and easiest is to remove the green cap in the Nartron Signal Controler (the flasher at the left side of steering wheel), and remove the bulb. Replace only with LED bulb.

After that, there might be issues with the flasher relay unit requiring change to a newer unit or rebuilding using parts sold on Amazin of FleaBray.

I included a good thread on how to rebuild flasher relay, to also allow LED use, IF YOUR RELAY ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH LED.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?132184-Economical-turn-signal-flasher-repair-option

Stonewall

LED for headlights is obviously a great idea. LED's for all the other lights (marker, turn, stop, parking, etc) does not really seem to provide much benefit, for all the potential problems it creates. The standard bulbs are cheap, and most likely last longer than any of us will ever need.

JoeJrTheBarber

LED for headlights is obviously a great idea. LED's for all the other lights (marker, turn, stop, parking, etc) does not really seem to provide much benefit, for all the potential problems it creates. The standard bulbs are cheap, and most likely last longer than any of us will ever need.
LED's are far superior to the glass type bulbs they have replaced.

LED's come on / react faster then a standard glass style bulb. In a brake light application this could prevent a accident. Thus why all auto manfs. use some sort of LED lighting in their cars. Less power consumption, faster reaction times, longer life, brighter, and are not effected by vibration / heat / etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks