• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee pitman arm removal tool

Hummermark

Hi does any one have a picture of the tool that is called puller kit in the pitman arm replacement section of manual tm 9-2320-387-24-1 volume no.1 part 2?
looked in the tool section but no mention or pictures.
in the manual it appears to be the same tool to do the lower wish bone ball joints too.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any larger pitman arm puller should be fine. I used a kit purchased off Amazon, "PMD Front End Service" will pull it up. It's gone up in price, but is a good visual reference.
You can get a large pitman puller at most auto parts stores too. I used the large C shaped puller and a little J shaped one if I recall. Worked very well. No need to seek NSN parts for steering work, common parts (heavy-duty for sure) will work fine.
BDGR

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the only one that held up for me on a stubborn P-arm. $41 from Amazon, it's an OTC.51S7o-UhdPL__SL1100_.jpgAll the others bent or broke. And don't forget to grease up the threads good.

twisted60

I see 2 listed on Amazon, which one did you use ? The 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" or maybe a part number ? I need to pull my pitman arm and I'm away from my HMMWV right now or I would go measure it.
Thanks

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see 2 listed on Amazon, which one did you use ? The 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" or maybe a part number ? I need to pull my pitman arm and I'm away from my HMMWV right now or I would go measure it.
Thanks
Bigger is better, these pitman joints are tubby
BDGR

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part number 8150. The biggest one. Grease it up good, use an impact and smack it with a hammer when tight if it doesn't come off easily.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks