• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HUMVEE question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoinNutts

I am not advertising any auction so hopefully this wont get canned. I saw that there is an up coming auction for some HUMVEE's and want to know if anyone has any experience buying them this way. It looks like EUC, "Hold Harmless Agreement" and "offroad only" but then I saw something elsewhere about "Demilitarization". I have bought and sold dozens of trucks and trailers from from 151's to 1070's. I have never seen hummers at auction, only the parking lots of them being sent elsewhere. Is this a first and it is a live and learn or does anyone have any knowledge of what to expect?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please tell me why you choose to post thin in the CUCV forum.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since none have ever sold by this new company(or in the last decade or more), nobody knows what to expect.

Also, have you missed the dozen of threads lately?

GoinNutts

Sorry I posted it in wrong place my bad. I came across the auction and came here first for information. I admit I do not come here everyday. It's the first place I go when I need some insight on MV's. I saw a couple posts on SS but they were shut down. There are a lot of demilitarized hummers out there with license plates and it seems the government has the last say on what happens with everything. With that said there is obviously someone out there who has bought one these form an auction house with the gov't rules in place. Was looking for info on what happened before.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With that said there is obviously someone out there who has bought one these form an auction house with the gov't rules in place.
Not in decades, not with the new company selling MVs for the government.

Look at the Humvee forum for the most recent threads on this.

Next time, search before posting too.

Jeepsinker

The ones that sold before were a fluke that wasn't supposed to happen and uncle tried very hard to keep people from being able to title them. Most of the loopholes people used to title them at the time have since closed making it even more difficult. Demiling a HMMWV means cutting it up into unusable unfixable pieces and even involves torching holes into each individual part like the differentials and alternators and engine blocks now. Uncle clearly does not want any parts of them getting out in any form but total scrap.

**edit: Keep this in mind if and when you decide to participate in supposed future auctions of such vehicles. Nobody want to spend thousands of dollars on a truck and then be forced to take a torch to it. ***

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last I knew, they were obligated by contract to demil before sale to the public.

The new auction house thinks they are above the rules, so far. The last listing was deleted before it ended. What will happen next time?

Again, read the facts posted and wait and lean with us. Right now, nobody can say for sure.

GoinNutts

Since I can not follow every auction, I don't know what has sold or how long it's been since they have sold them and was hoping there might be some info out there. GSA, GL, GP and who knows where else they could have been sold I don't know. The beauty of the internet. I just went through the Humvee forum and the few posts that came up were closed. thanks and sorry

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved and closed for now.

dependable

Related to CUCVs, Schott surplus in Maine used to sell a lot of CUCVs before they were available on internet auction. Seems like they must have bought them in large lots. Also, I believe they have offered M998 humves off and on for quite some time. Always with the stipulation they were for off road use only. But still for sale to public, I believe.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The DLA has not changed the demil code. Until they do none will be sold that do not have to be scraped.

Status
Not open for further replies.