• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Radio

glassk

I have some that are numbered CX 13062/USM D 930683
AND
SM-D-930684 CX 13063/U

CABLES.jpg

I think Sigo and 86humv might know if they are any where close to what you need, I have a few more bases and other cables , however don't want to hi-jack but if they will work for someone I don't have a lot in them,...

MEGATON

glassk... cx-13302 should look like thisuntitled444.jpg....... the black and red wires were cut on mine... but I believe by adding those terminals to the end of my wires I should be fine ??

glassk

Ended up with some From The ICE test kits and also from a SPORTS kit, i bought for the cases I have two spring bases if you want me to check the NSNs on them, let me know

bases ant.jpg

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glass, that could be a NTDR or EPLRS antenna base. NTDR is 225-450 MHz and EPLRS is 420-450 MHz. The element for an AS-3900 is almost the same diameter, but none of the three interchange. Hard to tell exactly from a distance, but if it has a part number or NSN we could tell for sure.

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some that are numbered CX 13062/USM D 930683
AND
SM-D-930684 CX 13063/U

View attachment 467933

I think Sigo and 86humv might know if they are any where close to what you need, I have a few more bases and other cables , however don't want to hi-jack but if they will work for someone I don't have a lot in them,...
Those cables work with the RT-1439 series Sincgars, with the external crypto box.
Not needed with the RT-1523's

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ended up with some From The ICE test kits and also from a SPORTS kit, i bought for the cases I have two spring bases if you want me to check the NSNs on them, let me know

View attachment 467983
Those bases look like SF-3512/VRC ......30-512 Mhz., and will work with Sincgars .
Do you have the Upper sections ?

President Camacho

I would like to bring this back up to the top. I'm thinking about putting in a radio system in the m1123 2004 troop carrier. Was wondering what the type radio is used in this particular vehicle. I've been running through a lot of TM's but I'm not convinced I have it right. Would like to double check with you all before I make some very expensive purchases. How much should I be paying for a radio and which exact radio should I be looking for? Thanks in advance. John

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming you're going for a US Army setup any configuration of SINCGARS would be correct. VRC-88, 89, 90, 91 or 92. RT-1523C was probably the most common RT in 2004, but RT-1523E ASIP may have been out in large numbers by then. Without research of when and where E models were fielded I'm just guessing based on my experience. Expect to pay in the $2k and up range for a RT-1523E if you can find one. Maybe $1500 for a 1523C. Several models of VAA's will work and amplifiers, most cables and antennas are common to all later models of RTs. A cheaper but less correct way would be to set up your VRC using RT-1439 non-icom SINCGARS. Most if not all 1439s were gone by 2004 but 1439s are cheaper and easier to find. There are a mess of other HF or UHF radios or other communications systems that would be correct but SINCGARS is probably the most common and most obtainable. Any VRC-12 or earlier VHF radio variants were gone by 2004. Anecdotallly there were probably some in reserve or guard units that had not replaced them but they should not have been in service that late.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to kit out your vehicle to represent a specific unit or type of unit? If you intend to be accurate in depicting a HMMWV from a certain unit at a specific time I might be able to look up what system(s) they should have had installed.

President Camacho

You're awesome. Not really wanting to go that far... just far enough to make it somewhat accurate for the year and such. I can't even find anyone selling the radio. :( will the mounting brackets be the same? No big differences? Just different model radios?

jake-cutter

Does anyone have any experience with a PRC 117g? I see the TRI (ie china) version available and a vehicle mount for it. How well does this match up to other components such as a VIC 3?

kapkanimd

Does anyone know of a source for radio equipment other than e-crap? In a perfect would I would like to buy a kit with all wiring and radio setup without having to pat everything together. I already have a AS-3900A/VRC antenna (just one, I need the second). If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks