• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee Thermostat Housing Problem

Hummer Guy

Wow, and iI thought disasters only happened to me.. Glad Im not the only one this crap happens to 😂

Drill and re tap... Just dont over drill the old threads..

Id nut and bolt it though.. Save about 3 hours of your life youll never get back ...
Yep, I was going to do that until I realized I scraped the surface where the thermostat gasket would go at.

And don't worry, disasters are addicted to me 😂

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know they sell this part for reasonable price. Website vendors and FleaBay.

87cr250r

I just realized I have two 6.2 vintage crossover pipes. If you have a better pic I can confirm match. Give $50 and I'll pay for shipping, I think. That's a lot cheaper than the $300 ebay ones.

Hummer Guy

Ok, so I managed to get a housing, got it yesterday, and installed it. After that, I took it out for a test drive for about 30 minutes, it still hits 220 quite fast and don't seem to be cooling any better at 195 degrees, my next plan is to change the radiator since I already have an aluminum radiator sitting around. For whatever reason, when I was coming back home, coolant spilled everywhere on top of the engine and then the heat started going up to around 230 degrees, I'm not really sure what caused that yet, I will check later today or tomorrow, I just hope its not a blown head gasket

911joeblow

It is very easy to get air trapped at the back of the heads and block. This can cause steam pockets which impact the flow of coolant at the back of the block and get things VERY hot. You could buy a coolant sniffer to see if you have combustion gasses in your coolant for the possiblity of a blown head gasket or cracked block/heads. Once you get it figured out a Paradox Cooling System upgrade kit would be a good upgrade to keep thing running better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks